Thanks to everyone for their support in getting my mom to a neurologist.  My
next question is how long should it take for *positive* results from
Sinemet?  We started Friday afternoon, 25/100 pills 4 times a
day--breakfast, lunch, supper and bedtime.  Sbe has been nauseous (sic) most
of the time, sleeping poorly, some muscles "waking up" but with lots of
pain, weakness, and more depression than usual.

Tbe worst effect is that she has fallen twice, both times as I was trying to
put her on the potty chair.  Saturday morning early she seemed so loose that
her legs crossed and she slowly spiraled to the floor on her back--normally
we sort of dance to the chair and her stiff legs keep her going.  Monday
morning early she was so stiff that when I tried to move her around to get
her in position she literally flipped out of bed, hitting her head and
shoulder.  She hasn't really fallen since we have been having caregivers
(over a year), and I know one of the problems is that her sleep problems
affected my rest and I was not sharp enough to adjust to the changes in her
body.  Now she seems scared to get up and I know that's not good.

Is this why our GP was so slow to refer her, or is this a consequence of
waiting too long for treatment?  I'm giving her maalox, axid, tums and other
gas pills to help her stomach, put flex-all type creme on her hands and
shoulder, and dug out all the exercise sheets left by the home care nurse.
The neurologist said it might be three or four weeks before the medicine
worked, so do we keep her on it til then, or try to have him check her when
she goes for tests next week, or call the office in a couple of days???

Cindy Birk Conley