Hello all.
     I am looking for some bibliographical suggestions for either histories of
East Anglia or studies of East Anglian piety.  I have Gail Gibson's book
_Theatre of Devotion_.  Basically, I'd like to grapple with the question, "what
 is East Anglian piety?" Is it different from late medieval piety in the rest
of England, and how?
       Just for extra info, I'm studying for PhD comps, with a "dissertation
 area" exam which has been loosely designated as Morality Drama and East Anglia
n piety -- hence the search.  As is probably apparent, I am interested in the
14th and 15th centuries primarily, but a history study could definitely start
earlier.
          If you feel your response will merely clutter the list, please use
my direct email address:   [log in to unmask]

     However, I suppose my plea for some help might generate some kind of
 discussion about medieval drama and its socio-religious milieu.  I am particu-
larly interested in lay piety...
                                Thanks in advance
  Carolyn Coulson-Grigsby
  University of Connecticut