At 07:47 AM 11/1/96 -0500, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Could you kindly explain the meaning of  * Tums *    ?   I did not find in
>the dictionary.
>
>Best wishes.
>                           Joao Paulo(John Paul) P. de Carvalho

Tums is an over-the -counter (non-prescription) medicationthat is very
popular in the USA. The package says it is Calciun Carbonate USP Grade 500
mg.Sodium Free. It also contains some food coloring, Sucrose, etc. in small
amounts.      It is primarily marketed as an antacid and more recently, a
calcium addition to protect we ladies from osteoporis. It is an old American
product.
        I see it is owned by SmithKline Beecham , Consumer Healthcare,
L.P.,Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania,15230  .Perhaps your own Pharmacist could find
a similar product?  It also exists in generic form, almost a couple of
dollars cheaper..>