On 11/01/96 22:36:44 Linda Neilsen asked:

Dad was adamant about wanting to be autopsied in the hope that
>something could be learned that would help others.  The doctors agreed but
>asked who would get the results of the autopsy.  We were stumped.  At
>various seminars on PD, speakers had urged PD patients to have autopsys,
>but no one said where to send the results.  Do you know?
>.

Linda:

The University of California, Irvine has an interesting and informative web
site that includes the history of body donation, the laws relating to it,
and a list with links to many universities that accept willed bodies. This
is called the Willed Body Program and is a function of the Department of
Anatomy and Neurobiology at UC Irvine. The procedures that must be followed
are fully described.
The URL is:  http://www.com.uci.edu/~anatomy/willed-body/index.html

Also, I remember one of the Parkinson organizations has information and, I
believe, a video tape on donating a brain to PD research. It was some time
ago, and I can't remember which organization it was. Does anyone know?

Martha Rohrer