I think Caregiver is the right word. Some people suggested Carepartner, I do
not think that is the right word, because this is not an equal partnership.
Carepartner might sound nicer and might make the person receiving care feel
better. However, I feel, it diminishes the role the Caregiver plays, a very
important role in providing care for the person who needs the care. In most
cases the Caregiver adjusts his or her life to that of the person needing the
care. He or she does so willingly because the person needing care is usually
a loved one. But it is still a fact that the Caregiver must adjust to the new
situation.
So Caregiver is a good one as I see it.
Johanna Willner , Caregiver for Ed 70/7.