Christina,
You just said all of the appropriate words.  When you said friend, partner,
soulmate, love and wife.
If I was to introduce myself along with Dorothy I wouldn't ever say this is
Dorothy and I am her part time CG.
I would say I am Dorothy's daughter-in-law, because that is what I am before
I am her part time CG.  Luckily Dorothy doesn't need that much care as of
yet.  I come over to help her out around the house and to do little things
she can't anymore.  I know that if something was to happen to her husband I
would have the full care of her.
But I am her daughter (close enought that I don't even add the inlaw part
anymore) before I am her caregiver.
Laurie