Mary Rack--there areothers here and on the CARE list who are   part-time
CGs for loved ones in nursing homes, so you're not alone in that. As for
your mom's negativism, it's hard to take--but maybe you can think of
yourself as the person she feels secure enough with to let her hair down and
be vulnerable that way?...Shift into that intellectual mode you spoke of, and
let it kinda roll over you ? It seems you've done a great job of dealing with h
er situation, and I was glad to hear you had the durable Power of Atty.for Heal
th Care well before you need it--that's good planning.You are also fortunate to
 have other family members who will "spell" you. I hope you findthe list
helpful--
Camilla Flintermann,CG for Peter,78/7,Oxford,OH