Dear Will:
        Thanks for replying to the request for names of PD research
institutions. It obviously should have been the other way around: my asking
you, as you are better informed than I. Sarratt is closed as a college for
teaching choral singing in Nashville. However,the Nashville Opera Chorus,
which participated superbly in Beethoven's Fidelio last night has evolved
into a first class opera. chorus. Kenneth Schermerhorn is becoming a
disciplined, hardworking and imaginative conductor.

        I did not list some of the great movement disorder clinics, as your
location would indicate that you were already aware of them. Finally, I
would not yet classify Vanderbilt in that class. I would like to see more
long-term results from their thalamus stimulation studies.

        I would appreciate hearing from you sometimes about Vanderbilt. It
is not unlikely that I will have to chose to be a thalamotomy patient.

        With best wishes,    Steven;  (615-383-4831)
Steven E. Mayer, Ph.D.