Marty, Marty, Marty!!!  SMAAAAACK!! <---- Barb smacks the hapless Marty upside
his wee head)  You're THINKING about asking your doctor for an
anti-depressent?

M'dear.... get thee to thy doctor immediately and GET an anti-depressent!
There's nothing wrong or bad about having such a need.  This isn't some
made-up-to-get-attention whimsy of yours, ya know.  PARKINSON'S DISEASE has
cause you to feel depressed, and dammit, Marty... you DESERVE to feel as
decent as is possible under the trying restrictions that the damnable disease
places on you... on US.  TELL YOUR MD THAT YOU NEED AN ANTI-DEPRESSENT!!
'Cause you DO....

By the way.... I didn't THINK I had been depressed after I had the pallidotomy

2 years ago ('cause the surgery was very successful!), but when I told Dr.
Iacono I'd been experiencing heavy hot flashes and flushes (non-menopausal
'cause I'm on estrogen), and constant fatigue (prolly other symptoms too, but
I've forgotten what they are), he prescribed 1/2 of a 20 mg. Paxil daily.
MIND YOU.... I didn't KNOW what a Paxil was or what it was for at the time...
nor did I know it was referred to as the "Junior Prozac" since I''d never been
"into" taking that kind of drug before.  Still.... within a 1/2 hour of taking
that first 1/2 pill, on that very first day, I DID notice a startling feeling
of inner "relaxation," as tho some inner tension cord haad been cut.  And it's
been that way since.

This type of drug does NOT make life-problems go away!  This does NOT cure you
of the PD.  But you CAN feel better PHYSICALLY because there's been a "filter"
created that "sifts" out some of the unpleasant things you're body is going
thru.  THAT is worth it, to me.

I'm not a physician nor am I a member of the medical community, and tho Paxil
works well for me, I DO suggest you discuss your various drug options with
your MD, and then make your choice.

Hang in there. fella!

Barb Mallut