Mary, you wrote....

In my case I had a significant loss of the sense of smell years before my PD
>was diagnosed, so PD medicines could not be the reason.  I still can smell .......
.
........  But at least the gravy and pie tastes good and I can always get out the Pinesall.

I also have a selective loss of smell.  Sometimes I get a whiff of something, but it never lasts long and it does seem to affect the taste of food. Unfortunately everyone else gets to enjoy the fragrance of the cookies I occasionally get around to baking, and I sometimes worry that my house smells musty/cabbagey/whatever to others.  That's when I get out the Pinesol and put it in my plant mister and squirt it into the air. ........just so people will think I actually did some housework.

Seriously though, I miss the wonderful cooking smells too, as well as the ability to appreciate nice perfumes, or even more so,.. great after shave colognes.  However, when we're out for a drive in the country and everyone else wrinkles up their noses and comments on the "fresh country air" (a euphamism for the times when the farmers spread manure on the fields) I don't have a problem!

Do you find that sometimes a weird smell gets 'stuck ' in your nose - for lack of a better way to explain it?

just curious....

Lynda