Dawn...

I've had PD for about 21 years, and am 53 (GULP) years old.  Hadda
hysterectomy 7 years ago and was put on Premerin tablets. I was so nauseuas at
that time from starting Eldepryl, that in order to get any estrogen it became
necessary for me to use the Estraderm (brand name) estrogen patches.  They
bypass the stomach, and you need a MUCH lower dose of estrogen to get the same
benefits as one tablet.  You also only replace the patch twice weekly, instead
of having to take the pill daily.  The patch DOES cost nearly twice as much as
the tablets.

I HAVE noticed that IF I run out of the patches, and find that Kaiser
Permanente, my HMO, hasn't done the refill on the day they promise it,
(happens some times, when my MD doesn't return the Kaiser Pharmacy's call
right away..or so the pharmacy claims), AND if I'm a coupla days late in
putting on a new patch,  I definitely feel an inner tremor (which I have at NO
OTHER TIME!!!) till the new patch have been worn for about an hour.

Obviously, there's some kind of dynamics going on between the estrogen, and
either the Sinemet, or the PD or both!  Or something else altogether...

End of story (which I hope was of some help to you)

Barb Mallut