At 11:58 96-11-02 -0500, Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD wrote:

>However, I've not had any luck so far in getting funding, and I wonder
>if any members know of possible sources I could approach. I have tried
>Balance Nutrition, but they say their budget is too small. It seems to
>me that if I could locate several organizations, each might be willing
>to contribute a percentage of the funds needed, sharing the financing of
>the study. Do any of the PD associations ever fund such studies? I would
>appreciate any information in this area.

Kathrynne,

Over the past two years, the McGill Centre for Aging has done research on
Protein in the Diet and Parkinson's. My mom-in-law was one of the test
subjects. Approx. every month and a half I phone them up asking for a
report of the findings. Just this last time they said near the holidays,
one will be published.

I am mentioning this because perhaps you can phone them up about your own
research. Dr. Serge Gautier is the Director (Suraiya's neuro, too--and bad
at returning phone calls). Dr. Michel Paissett is the Assistant Director
Clinical Research (I spoke to him once and he was very friendly). the
number is 514-766-2010.

McGill Centre for Studies in Aging.
Douglas Hospital
6825 LaSalle Boulevard