Dawn King wrote:

> I'm wondering what side-effects might occur from taking hormone replacement
> therapy.  My gynacologist recommends I begin a course of rht to avoid
> potential ostioarthritis, etc. - does anyone on the list have any experience
> with this.  Thankyou.
> Dawn

Dawn,
HRT may lower the risk for heart disease, as well as osteoporosis. But
you need to find out whether your doctor is recommending estrogen alone,
or estrogen/progesterone. Also, your doctor should be aware of all other
medications your take, for PD, as well as for any other conditions.
Best,
Kathrynne
--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD