I've been lurking around this list since 8/95 and have watched and
admired,with gratitude, the efforts of many people in behalf of the Udall
bill.  The results seem to have been minimal, at best.
Now I see that the U.S is going launch another over-priced probe to find life
on Mars.  What about life on earth?  Wouldn't those Mega-$$$$ (and future $$$
that we KNOW will be spent) do more good for more people in medical research,
on PD, Cancer, Heart, MS, MD, and many, many others?
How long has it been since the U.S walked on the moon and how much good has
it done US?
Am I missing something?  Am I short-sighted, selfish, bitter, or what?
I know this is a futile complaint, but I wanted to get it "off my chest" and
thought there might be some sympathetic ears out there.  Thanks for
"listening".

Don  (66/13)

P.S:  George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, & Disney could have produced better
effects with about the same good.