Jeremy... I'm not particularly a skeptic.  I've WORKED in the online industry
for 7 years, 7days a week, and deal ONLY with medical/chronic disease-related
forums.  I see HUNDREDS  of "snake oil" salesperson's posts each week (and
delete them all), including those that are pictching the product/pyramid
scheme that Dianne <IF that was her real name> is selling.  I KNOW their line
by heart, because they keep using the same approach and message-template over
and over again.  The moment I saw her original post, I knew who and what we
were dealing with.  Because of this company's repeated use of the same
approach, I KNEW what her response would be to my own initiial warning to my
fellow list members.

Had Dianne come back online saying she had nothing to do with sales, or
pyramiding for that company, and was merely an enthusiastic user of their
product(s), i.e. sorta like you did in your comments about the "Overdrive"
product, I'd never have written that second message.  Especially since I knew
I'd get some flak for my hostility to her.

As to your question about how I would market my product if I found a cure for
PD?  Well, m'friend, I'm not gonna be the one who finds that cure, I'm afraid,
so I don't HAVE to worry about marketing it.

BUT.. I'd like to call your attention to a recent program of TV's "60
Minutes," in a segment about a physician living in a primative and small
Brazillian jungle community, way, WAY back in the hinterlands of that nation,
developed a new technique for heart surgery which had DRAMATIC and beneficial
results for many of his patients.  THAT was aired less than 6 months ago, and
that technique is now being performed, and even improved upon by many of the
US's long established teaching hospitals.

How long did it take news of the Salk vaccine to get out?  Penicillan?  AZT?
Use of Chloraform as a pre-surgical sleep inducer?  Semelweiss and asepsis?
The thing is, Jeremy, that today, you're most likely not going to find a lone
medical researcher working away for years and years in his basement or garage
in an effort to find a cure for a terminal or chronic illmess.  You ARE going
to find HUGE companies, like Amgen, or Sandoz, investing gazillions of dollars
in research and publicity.

The thing that I find interesting is that there appears to be LOTS more money
being spent of research for COSMETIC products, than on Parkinson's research.
WHAT is wrong with this picture?

Barb Mallut,