I'll keep this response short and to the point.
The direct results of man walking on the moon have been many.
The cat scan, the pace maker, modern respitory devices, advancement in EEGs.
True there have been some advancements not soley from the moon missions.
The mars expedition gave us the MRI Pet scans.

The technologies for these devices and many more was developed for the
complex task that space exploration requires. The technology was then given
to the private sector, free of charge, who then took the developments and
refined it for other uses.

Many of these advancements would not have taken place had we not wasted
money in space.

Unfortunately the private sector does not wish to initiate the development
in that the early stages of developement is not profitable. Also the special
needs of space exploration creates inovations for special circumstances that
lead to break throughs that may have taken many more years to realize.

Mickey