 Jeff, My first thought when I read your account of your dad's recent and
rapid decline was that you ought to get him in to see an outstanding
internist.I would be inclined to think of some other medical problem, like
with his heart or something clogging up his arteries.  I don't mean to
frighten you but people with chronic illnesses are often seen as suffering
only from something that they have been historically labled, like PD, when
in fact it maybe something entirely unrelated to to your dad's PD.
    My second thought was directed at his Neurologist whom I hope would
have conducted a throught review of your dad's medications. Doctors have
this bad habit of continually prescribing some thing new and never
subtracting any thing. Combine that with what some other doc may have given
him and he could be in a medication crisis.I'm no MD.but................

   MY third thought is to encourage you to sit down with the family and
friends and go back to the beginning of this decline and ask a lot of
questions......like did a close friend die in the recent past? Or did he
have a critical birthday or is he mourning the loss of an important person
like his dad? Any anniversaries of deaths? Is he mourning the loss of his
right to drive his car? Talking may give you some answers.
   My fourth thought is to question the suddenness of his decline.  PDers
often hide problems so they may "forget" to tell people.  If he had been a
high functioning man with much pride and he noticed one morning and then
another that he had more trouble than usual with his balance he might not
say any thing for fear of alarming every one,especially your mom and you.
   Sorry I dont know the resources in Florida.The best of luck to your
dad,you and the rest of your family.But I will ask around and let you know.

My Very Best
   George [[log in to unmask]]