Hi,Im Barry Segal from Morrisson, Colo. Im 45 and have been diagnosed
since Jan of 1987.So far pd has been more of an irritation than a
debilitation(sounds like a catchy phrase) :)

I had played alot of racket sports and thought that the lack of my
right arm swing was due to tennis elbow. Then the tremor started and I
thought it was from drinking too much coffee. I quit racket sports and
coffee and...it didnt work. After going to numerous docs, one hit the
diagnosis. He used, in part, the "you cant smell that" test.

Since racket sports aggrevated my arm muscles and elbow and coffee aint
no good for you anyway, I stayed quit and subsituted the traditional
regamin of pd medications. I find however that my symptoms flare up
more in response to situational stresses than to medication
deficiencies(stress,cold, excitement,boredom,and sometimes for no
reason at all).

Since my diagnosis, and maybe in response to the deprynl, I feel like
Im living in a time bomb and have stayed more physically active than
any of my friends.Ive lost weight, swim regularly, still ski(more
easily than I can walk, I used to teach skiing), fly fish, woodwork,
garden, and scub dive .

I scuba dove just prior to having symptoms. Any research in this
regard?

I play the clarinet and have some trouble when my hand stiffens up. I
rarely play live in public because the shaking interfers. Ive since
taken up keyboard sequenceing and composing on an a MIDI system. Its an
incredible technology! My goal is to get some radio play on some of my
songs.

Im a "desk attorney" now. Used to do alot of trials but pd put an end
to it. I wasnt happy with the stress of trial work anyway, and now walk
a fine line between being bored and being under too much pressure.
Either situation triggers pd responses. Sometimes, when I indulge in
self-blame , I punish myself by thinking that I contract pd to get out
of the lawyering business. I remember the MASH episode where the Asian
American tremors as an outlet for his guilt in killing Korean Asians
and wonder if Im not using a similar tactic.

I have trouble distinguishing psychosymatic from psychoactive at times.

Well enough rambleing. Thanks for listening . Also my thanks to Barbara
Petterson for her welcome.

Barry Segal