This question is for any one doing research in pharmaceuticals.  I have
noticed that my husband's PD symptoms are decreased substantially after he
takes Lopressor (prescribed for hypertension). Infact, Lopressor in
combination with Sinemet seems to increase the toxic symptoms of the
latter to the point where he has had to cut his Lopressor dose when he
takes his 5 p.m. Sinemet (I monitor his BP BTW, and it has remained at
safe levels).

I know that Beta-blockers are used in cases of non-PD tremor, but I'm
wondering if any research has been done to determine whether Lopressor and
similar beta-blockers are dopamine agonists.  There is nothing that I can
find in the literature in this regard.
----
Thank you
Mary Ann