To All  Subscribers,

My smell too nearly disapeared after I started with sinemet. Before
starting with it my neurol. asked about it and that moment I could smell
the ink of my fountain-pen. After that it slowly to disapeared. However the
strange thing is,I realized that after reading about smell-loss on the
list, that my taste seems not lost just so much.
I have allways loved Indonesian food. I lived as a child in Den Haag and
quite a lot of my class mates came from Indonesia. Till that time only used
to Dutch food this Ind. taste was a sort of revelation. Now I still cook it
regularly. When I buy the spices I have to label them immediately because I
no longer can smell what is what.  But I could swear on it that if I mix
them in the wrong way I dislike the food. I can taste the difference
between ananas and mango or between apples of different breed, but visiting
my hindustan, always cooking with much and strong spices, neighbour I don't
smell anything. So either I am suggesting with aid of my memory I taste
something or some part of smell is still there.

Ida Kamphuis