Hi
I have been reading the list mail for the last several months and have found
it extremely useful in understanding my wife's disease.  She was diagnosed 3
years ago at age 63. She is currently taking 2 1/2  of 50/200 Sinimet CR and
5mg of eldepryl which keep her symptoms down to a point where her lifestyle
is not affected. Based on what I have read I think that maybe the amount of
carbidopa is to high and will discuss lowering it the next time we see her
neurologist.

Anyway, the questions I have are:
1) She is going in for surgery next month. How long before the surgery should
she stop the Eldepryl?

2) Why doesn't everyone use time release Sinimet as it seems to avoid the ups
and downs? (probably a stupid question)

Thanks
Harry Davis   [log in to unmask]