Hi Dawn,
I have been on hormone replacement therapy for about 8 years.  The only PD
drug I take is Eldepryl, so I don't know how HRT reacts with other PD meds,
but I am doing just fine with no side effects.
I always have been afraid of developing osteoporosis because my mother was
severely affected with it... she had spontaneous breakage or compression of
all her spinal vertebrae; all of the vertebrae in her neck disintegrated so
she had to hold her head upright with her hand (chin on chest syndrome); she
broke her hip and she lost 5 inches in height.
I'm not telling you this to scare you, but only to tell you that there are
many reasons to decide whether or not HRT is right for you.
I started HRT on the advice of three doctors because of my strong family
history of both osteoporosis and  heart disease and because there is no
uterine or breast cancer in my family (which could counter-indicate HRT).
To further protect myself from osteoporosis I took calcium supplements, did
weight bearing exercise (aerobics 3x a week), didn't smoke and ate dairy
products every day.  In spite
of doing all the right things, I found out in January that I have moderate to
severe osteoporosis in my hips (but not in my spine). Fortunately there's a
new drug, Fosamax, that stops bone loss and even causes bone growth in the
majority of people using it, so I am hopeful that things will be better for
me than they were for my mom.
Walking and taking calcium are good ways to prevent osteoporosis... but if
you have it in your family, and particularly if you are small-boned,
fair-skinned and on the thin side, consider HRT and ask for an osteoporosis
test.
I'd be so much worse off without hormones.
Mary Sheehan