Please pass this on to people you know.  The poor woman!

This is a true story that was forwarded to me.  Read it and learn.  Bake
the cookies and enjoy them and then forward this to all you know!

My daughter & I had just finished a salad at Neiman-Marcus Cafe in Dallas
& decided to have a small dessert.  It was so excellent that I asked if they
would give me the recipe and the would you let me buy the recipe?
With a cute smile, she said, "Yes."  I asked how
much, and she responded, "Only two fifty, it's a great deal!"  I said
with approval, just add it to my tab.  Thirty days later, I received my
VISA statement from Neiman-Marcus and it was $285.00.  I looked again and
I remembered I had only spent $9.95 for two salads and about $20.00 for a
scarf.  As I glanced at the bottom of the statement, it said, "Cookie
Recipe - $250.00."  That's outrageous!!  I called Neiman's Accounting
Dept. and told them the waitress said it was "two-fifty," which clearly
does not mean "two hundred and fifty dollars" by any *POSSIBLE*
interpretation of the phrase.  Nieman-Marcus refused to budge.  They
would not refund my money, because according to them, "What the waitress
told you is not our problem.  You have already seen the recipe - we
absolutely will not refund your money at this point."  I explained to her
the criminal statutes which govern fraud in Texas, I threatened to refer
them to the Better Business Bureau and the State's Attorney General for
engaging in fraud.  I was basically told, "Do what you want, we don't
give a crap, and we're not refunding your money."  I waited, thinking of
how I could get even, or even try and get any of my money back.  I just
said, "Okay, you folks got my $250, and now I'm going to have $250.00
worth of fun."  I told her that I was going to see to it that every
cookie lover in the United States with an e-mail account has a $250.00
cookie recipe from Neiman-Marcus... for free.  She replied, "I wish you
wouldn't do this." I said, "Well, you should have thought of that before
you ripped me off, and slammed down the phone on her.

So, here it is!!!  Please, please, please pass it on to everyone you can
possibly think of.  I paid $250 dollars for this...

I don't want Nieman-Marcus to *ever* get another penny off of this
recipe....

   (Recipe may be halved.):

     2  cups butter
     4  cups flour
     2  tsp. soda
     2  cups sugar
     5  cups blended oatmeal**
     24 oz. chocolate chips
     2  cups brown sugar
    1  tsp. salt
     1  8 oz. Hershey Bar (grated)
     4  eggs
    2  tsp. baking powder
    3  cups chopped nuts (your choice)
     2  tsp. vanilla
     ** Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder.  Cream
the butter and both sugars.  Add eggs and vanilla; mix together with
flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda.  Add chocolate chips,
Hershey Bar and nuts.  Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a
cookie sheet.  Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.  Makes 112 cookies.

Have fun!!!  This is *not* a joke --- this is a true story..