Barbara Jensen wrote:

> Hello Everyone !!
>
> I am curious about tremors.  It seems that tremors often do not respond
> to the Eldepryl and Sinemet regime.  I have tried different doses of
> Sinemet and Sinemet CR, no noticeable change in tremor.  I do feel
> better, less inner trembling, and I do sleep better since taking
> Sinemet.  Also, stiffness in right tremor arm is better.  Tremor has
> progressed in 1 year from right foot to right hand.  Not able to write
> much, especially at work under stress.
>
> Would really appreciate any input from fellow PWP's with tremor.
>
> I will try Amantadine(Symmetrel) next and then Permax.
>
> Thank you !  Barbara Jensen 48, PD diagnosed about 2 yrs ago.  First
> noticeable symptom about 5 years ago.
> --
> Barbara Jensen

        Barbara
 When I was first diagnosed almost 4 years ago the only symtoms I had
was resting tremor of the right leg, arm and mild rigidty of right side.
I was started on sinemet 50/200 CR 3x a day and this relieved all
symtoms.  Now I'm on 5mg selegiline 2x a day, sinemet CR 50/200 3-5x a
day (depending on what I have to do at work), plus sinemet 10/100 to
start the morning and another before I work out (levodopa is used in
muscles as a sugar for energy).  This still relieves the tremor except
at the end of dose period (for me 3-4 hrs). I hope this helps.

Aloha
Pat Reilly (40/4)