>Hello, everyone!
>
>I am one of 4 adult sibs; I live in Kansas, Marge is in Massachusetts,
Steve in New Hampshire, John in North Carolina.  "Home" was New Jersey.

>Our mom, Louise (75/5?) had relatively little trouble with her PD until two
years ago, when a series of unmitigated disasters started a sudden and rapid
decline for her.

>Mary
>cg, sort of, for Louise (75/5?)

Hi Mary,
Welcome to the group!!!  I was rather startled when I read your post as
I was born in Kansas & lived there for almost 37 years.
My Mother's name was also Louise.  However, that is where the similarity
ends..My Mother was always so worried about becoming a burden on someone.
She made me promise years ago, that if she ever got down &
became a burden, that I'd put a gun close to her---she was VERY serious!!!
Her heart stopped in the middle of an Asthma attack when she was 78.
Her worst fears never materlized, but she certainly had plenty of lessons
on how NOT to act in old age, from my Dad. He was 15 years older than she.

Mary,  make certain that you take care of yourself!!!! It sounds as if
you are catching the short end of the stick in the care of your Mother & there
is nothing quite so discouraging as never being able to please someone.
Please feel free to add all of us to your extended family & write us from time
to time & tell us how things are going.  Kansas University, since 1899,
has been a wonderful School!!!!!  You are lucky to have one of their Doctors.

As Ever,
Marjorie Moorefield
just another librarian (with PD)
In Fort Lauderdale/Plantation, Florida, where the weather has decided to
straighten up and act normal for a change!!!
Will miracles never cease???