HI LIst members,

For those of you who have been following my battle with my long term
disability carrier,  I am happy to report that I just got a call from my
attorney who received information that the claim has finally been
approved.  This should not have been a boderline case and it took 5
months to the day from when the claim was filed and about $7000 in legal
fees to get to this point.  I am still going to try to recover the legal
fees but I have my doubts as to whether they are going to be responsive
to my claim.  I probably will still report the case to the state
insurance commissioner and may ask my Senator or Congressman to look at
safeguards for others in the future.

I want to warn all of you to be very careful when applying for long term
disability benefits especially from Standard Insurance.  Be absolutely
sure you have an airtight case on paper and then expect that they will
still play games with the claim. But don't let the #!!^&* intimidate
you. And don't expect them to play fair.

Thanks to all of you who have been supportive.

Charlie