Like Christine (below), I dislike the word "caregiver," but for a
different reason: it makes a relationship seem very one-sided, all giving
by one person and all taking by the other.  This may be true for patients
in the last stages of PD (or any other disease), but surely in most
relationships both parties try to care for the other, and often the
non-PD partner has medical problems too, if only the occasional bout of
flu.  Even if one reaches the stage of physical immobility, there are
ways of showing care to one's friends and helpers, surely?