Dear Laurie:

>You wrote:  I personally feel that if there were some people on here that
were giving out just any kind of advice so that they could pretend to be a
dr and mess with people that Barbara would have them out on their ear or at
least expose who they are.

Thank you for your vote of confidence but the best way to know if someone
is pretending to be a dr. is if (s)he gives medical advice over the
internet without advising you to discuss it with your own dr.  This group
is almost totally sharing first-hand experience and we identify it as
such.  Those members who post abstracts from scientific journals aren't
'pretending' to be something they aren't.  They are merely giving us the
reference so we can read the articles for ourselves and letting us know
that research into pd is continuing.

About Dorothy's problem with sinemet...mine was similar but not so
dramatic.  It took me over a week to get started.  First one pill a day
for two days, and then two a day, etc.  Perhaps Dorothy could talk to her
family dr. if the neuro isn't available (or change neurologists).

Barb

Barbara Patterson                               [log in to unmask]
HSC 2J22                                        905-525-9140, ext. 22403
                        School of Nursing