This rudeness you're speaking about happened to some friends of mine a few
months ago at the grocery store.  My friends (80's) were in line and because
of PD in the case of the woman, her husband was unloading the cart,
conversing with her as he went along.  The young folks behind them began
clearing their throats and making remarks about how late they were going to
be getting home with their groceries..even complained their ice cream might
melt before they got it paid for.  He promptly stood up, turned around,
smiled at them and said, "I'm sorry we're so slow, you see my wife has
Parkinson's and it's very difficult for her to move or think quickly.
Thanks so much for being patient with us. That's unusual.  Most folks your
age would become downright rude!"  Boy, did that set them back on their
ears!!  They didn't know how to respond, but he said he never heard another
peep out of them!
  Another time he said there was a similar incident at Wal-mart and this
time he turned to the kids and chuckled.."You should see my wife and I when
we're not taking SPEED!"
  Guess humor is necessary for everyone to get through situations in life
that aren't necessarity funny!
  Just thought I'd share this with you.  Have a nice day...oh, and HAPPY
BIRTHDAY #3!!
Dianne