After following this list for a while I am impressed with how many people
with PD participate.  My father-in-law was diagnosed with PD three years
ago.  He couldn't possibly participate because he is so mentally confused
95% of the time he can't have a conversation.  I suspect the confusion is a
reaction to the medication rather than PD.  (Sinemet, Parlodel, Amantadine)
Does anyone have comments about the confusion?  His neuro asked my
mother-in-law if she preferred him confused or able to get to the bathroom.
Since she is not phisically strong she said she needs him to be able to get
around physically. She is very discouraged since she now believes she has to
choose whether to have a mate with a functioning mind or one that can help
her get him out of bed. I keep thinking there's something wrong with this
picture. The many who participate in this group are doing fine in the mind
department. Comments? Observations? Suggestions?

Lynne Gudes
"Common sense isn't."