Just thought I would add a couple of comments concerning the
question of doctors vs lay persons, etc.  It has been my experience
that some doctors, while having much information at hand, are not
   skilled at communicating with people who really need practical
information not  just medical terminology.   I haven't been on this
group discussion long but I am impressed with the wording of the
comments.  I have a phd in curriculum but medical jargon is not
always easy for me to understand.  As a child concerned about his
parent I find the support and responses to my questions very reassuring
and easy to understand. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of it.
Joe Huskey.

Joe Huskey, Ph.D.
Advising Coordinator
College of Education