On Tue 12 Nov, Norman Raspin wrote:
> Hi there,
> First let me say a big THANK YOU to all of the people who participate in the Parkies i
> nformation list.   My mother, aged 70, is the member of the family with PD, and I hook
> ed on to the list with some apprehension.   But you all have surpassed yourself.
> I knew nothing about PD even after my mother gave us the news.  To be totally honest I
>  just assumed like most diseases there was either a cure or it would eventually go awa
> y.   So I was not unduly worried nor did I think I should find out more about PD.   Ho
> wever as the years pass and she gets progressively worse I thought I should find out.
>  So this list has been totally invaluable for all that type of info.
> My only gripe is are there no Brits out there on this list.   All the information rega
> rding drugs and doctors refer to the States and Canada.  So I would really like some i
> nformation with regard to the UK.
> Keep up the good work
> Karen

Hello, Karen - What is this 'No Brits' business?  Granted there are only about
30 to 40 of us, but I think we contribute our share. You may have seen
contributions from Ernie Peters, Emma Bennion, Jeremy Browne, David Langridge,
and me. (Apologies if I have left anyone out.) I am always impressed when a
son or daughter cares enough to join this list to learn more about the problem,
so good luck, and best wishes to your mother.
   Incidentally, I think that one of the more impressive and encouraging things
about this group is how truly international it is. In many cases, it is not
possible to tell where a contributer is living, and it doesn't matter: The
same warm welcome is offered to everyone. There is more going on than just
PD when you think about it.

--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>