       Barbara,
           Please forgive my very tardy response to your posting of 11/4/96
Re:Rolfing.About 8-10 years ago when I was into my alternative treatment
period I did give Rolfing a try.I know that you have had at least one
response and that wasn't positive but I had a different response  to the
experience. MY attitude was open and my expecations were realistic [as in
low]. I saw a chap by the name of Garret Whitney,a Certified Advanced
Rolfer in Concord Mass. I saw him about 10 times at $80 a pop.[WELL it was
in Concord] It was one of the more painful therapies I've tried out.His
running his elbow down my calf muscles was one of the most  excruciatingly
painful experiences I 've ever endured.And when he got his elbow into my
under arm area and raked from my elbow up, I mean to tell you I had
discovered a new level of pain.
         No, it didn't solve my problem;didn't even help a little bit when
it came to my PD. And yes it did feel very good when he stopped for the
day.But it did help me develope an attitude, a certain sense of mastery. I
felt taller, more intergrated physically and emotionally, more ready to
take on my PD once again.

So,Barbara, if your muscles are relatively relaxed [An acupuncture neddle
going into a tight muscle will hurt as will Rolfing] reasonably open to new
adventures and can find a rolfer you can trust maybe it might be worth your
while and $.

Good luck if you decide to try it.

         george[[log in to unmask]]