This poem was inspired by a visit I paid to my dear friend yesterday who has
PD.  She's so sweet and it's very difficult to see her struggle with even
the smallest of tasks.  A poet I am not, but thought I'd share these
sentiments anyway.  Thanks.

A friend of mine I stopped to see
Her body stricken with PD
A friend of hers had passed away
A card she wanted to send that way.

In shaky voice, she attempted to ask
If I could assist with this simple task;
"Glad to help" was my prompt reply
Which brought a tear of joy to her eye.

She'd tried to do this but attempts had failed
Now minutes later it's ready to be mailed;
She shared her frustrations and vented her grief
Explaining how friends can offer relief.

Time is the best gift a person can share
Listening, loving, just being there;
Somehow encouraging through words and deeds
Easing emotions, filling their needs.

Expressing her thanks, she proceded to say
It was truly a blessing I'd stopped in today;
As I was leaving, she layed down to rest
But I knew in my heart, I was the one who was blessed!

Dianne