---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 12:04:39 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
Subject: On/Off Tiredness and Tears

Several questions:

Is there any rhyme or reason to the periods of great fatique ?  I am finding
lately that it comes when the next Sinemet is due.  Are these periods of
great fatique part of the on/off syndrome?  I am crying at the oddest times
and I did not associate that with Pd before.   Can someone explain the
"tears" and PD?  My nuro has given me Xanax (Alprazolam 25mg) for anziety and
it seems to work for the times I feel depressed.  I take 1/2 a pill and the
depression seems to lift quickly. At the suggestion of my doctor, I am seeing
a counselor for mild depression and the question we all have is: iwhat causes
the depression that goes with Pd?  Is it a chemical reaction, a reaction to
having a long term progressive disease,  or what?!

Last question:  The drugs used in the new Phen-Fen program produce dopomine
and seratonin ...iare there any connections between these and PD?  Can a PD
person use them safely?