Date:   Wed, 13 Nov 1996 16:32:56 -0500
From:   "Rick Barrett" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Tears
                      RE>Tears                                     11/13/96

Carol:

I assure you that you are not alone in regards to "tear attacks" and PD. I
posted a  message similar to yours a few months ago. I explained that the most
bothersome thing that seems to have come with PD is what the docs have termed:
"emotional lability" (sp?). I now seem to well up at even a sappy commercial!
This makes face to face discussions about highly emotional issues (including
PD) a big risk of embarrassment - especially at the office. Most of the time I
can avoid the "triggers" when I recognize them in time. Once in a while though
I have a "tear attack" that I cannot control.  I received several messages
from others with similar difficulties.

Currently I'm taking Wellbutrin for this sypmtom (of PD). I'm not positive if
it is working or not. I am having less "tear attacks" but I'm not sure if it
is the meds or I'm just getting better at recognizing and avoiding the
triggers. I'm also taking Eldepryl.

 Knowing that I am not alone and finding out that there is a biochemical
reason behind the "emotional lability" has made me a little more comfortable
with the issue. I hope it helps you as well.    Explaining it to others in a
whole other story, however.

Rick Barrett (35/4)
Sunnyvale CA