Hi Carol!
I was also bothered by tears at unexpected moments, beginning with my
diagnosis of PD in May.  I never knew when a bout of emotion would occur and
I was making my husband very nervous whenever we were around other people.
 Sometimes  I'd be fine and sometimes I'd react with tears when asked
something as simple as, "How are you?"
When I went to my neuro in May, she asked which symptom bothered me most.  I
told her that lability was driving me crazy so she prescribed 20mg of Pixal
once a day.
Thirty minutes after taking the first dose I was extremely nauseated, light
headed, sweating, experiencing chills, and so drowsy I could hardly stay
awake.  My doctor reduced the dosage to 10 mg and all side effects, except
drowsiness, disappeared.  After a few days on the lower dosage, falling
asleep at odd times, I asked if I could reduce the dosage to 5 mg.  She
agreed and that's when I got a rash  on my ankles.  She told me to stop the
Paxil for a week and then start it again, gradually increasing the dosage to
20 mg.
While waiting the week,  I realized I hadn't had a single bout of lability
since that first dose.  I haven't started taking Paxil again (it's been about
4 weeks since I stopped) and I haven't shed a single tear.  What I'm
wondering is, does lability come and go?  Has anyone experimented with taking
an antidepressant when going through a period of emotionalism, discontinuing
it when you gain control and beginning it again when the lability returns?
 Could that possibly work?
I agree, unexpected tears are very embarassing.  I also had teary times in my
20's and 30's.  I think it could have come from the stress of raising three
very active sons and being so darn tired much of the time.  I do know stress
makes things worse.
Hang in there.
Mary Sheehan