You wrote:

>>Hi,Im Barry Segal from Morrisson, Colo. Im 45 and have been diagnosed
>>since Jan of 1987.
>
>> my symptoms flare up
>>more in response to situational stresses than to medication
>>deficiencies(stress,cold, excitement,boredom,and sometimes for no
>>reason at all).
>

>Hi Barry,
>
>Welcome to the list.  You will glean much information from this group
and
>find people really helpful. After all we are all in this thing
together.

>You will find stress and excitement quoted by most PD people as
factors
>which worsen their PD symptoms.  In fact I suffer if I watch any
exciting
>sport on the TV!  Horror films are TABOO in this household!  I'd have
>nightmares too, I reckon.
>
>But, never thought of the cold as a factor.  I will keep an eye on it.
>
>Anyone else find that the cold is a factor in their symptoms?
>

>Ernie Peters ([log in to unmask])

Hi Ernie:
I also avoid stressful movies and sporting events. I always check the
movie codes to insure that they are G or Gp.Once, and the last
time,that I went to a Broncos game which was close and exciteing, my
whole body kind of just "shut down". I had to sit with my eyes closed
and try to tune out for 15 min. I thought about leaving early but I
dont think I could have moved. Quite a scare that I dont care to
repeat. On the positive side Ive taken up a few new hobbies that are
more productive and active than spectator sports :)

Speaking of cold, my pd is right sided and when it flares up my right
hand just about freezes. Does that happen to you? When it occurrs I put
on a thin cotton glove (and do a Michael Jackson routine...well not
really).

Barry : [log in to unmask]