Hi Jon.  In all my research, I've not found the need for "mega" doses of
vitamins & some can produce toxicity if taken in excess.  There's a good
book by Dr. Earl Mindell called "Live Longer & Feel Better w/Vitamins &
Minerals"-sells for $4.95.  He gives lots of information on this subject.
Meanwhile, yes, antioxidants are very important-we all need to build up our
immune systems, esp helpful for those already suffering from diseases of the
autoimmune system.  I've found an excellent source of products and have lots
of info-if you're interested, feel free to e-mail me.  These herbs, etc. are
helping lots of people with CFS, Lupus, M.S., Fibromyalgia, etc.  Not
touting cures, just really helping people alot.  As for interactions with Rx
meds, they're designed to work right along with them and in some cases, have
allowed folks to cut down on their dosage of meds.  As for energy, they do
not deplete it, just give more and have been helping stamina, both mental
and physical.
  My friend with PD has been on natural products for appx 3 months and is
feeling better physically & mentally overall, has quit prescription drugs
for PD, but still has some symptoms associated with PD, for which we are
trying a FAVA bean extract.  We'll see where that leads!
  Hope this helps you.  If more questions, ask away.  Don't claim to have
all the answers, but am always looking for them!  Take care.