JON A MEYER wrote:
> > A friend of my wife has told her that people with certain diseases such
> as MS and PD etc. need more vitamins than normal.

Jon,
It's entirely possible that PWP may need some extra vitamins and/or
minerals. But this should NOT be done without discussing it with a
physician who is familiar with any and all diagnoses, and all
medications currently used.

> 1. Is there a point where you can take too many and they become toxic?

Absolutely--for instance, vitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin which can
be stored in the liver and can build to toxic levels.

> 2. Can they cause your energy level to drop?

Yes--some minerals taken in excess can lead to weakness and/or fatigue.

> 3. How much is too much?

Depends entirely on the nutrient in question, the individual, and the
diagnoses/medications in question.

> 4. Can they cause a reaction to rx drugs?

MOST DEFINITELY!!! I can't emphasize this too strongly.

Please discuss any supplements with a physician or a registered
dietitian to be sure the supplement is safe for you.

Best regards,
Kathrynne
--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD