To Jon Meyer (and everyone)
Jeff (46/8) takes a number of vitamins, supplements in addition to his rx
meds. Overall he does very well so far without Sinemet. At this point he
probably would benefit from a very small dose of Sinemet by he chooses to
delay that 'ticking clock' for as long as possible. He still plays golf,
tennis, and leads a relatively active life. I'm not saying his activity is
at a 'normal' level nor am I'm implying that he is cured however his
condition was greatly improved when he started on everything. He does not
take 'mega' doses of anything; we would agree that at certain levels
vitamins/supplements can indeed be toxic or produce undesirable side
affects. Jeff has carefully researched everything he takes and started with
very low doses adjusting some over time.
Jon Meyer asked 'how much is too much?'; I suggest you do your homework
reading reliable sources (I'd be happy to offer ours if anyone is
interested). Jeff ran all his supplements by the doc who was non-committal
(sp?).
These supplements ARE NOT used as a replacement to the doctors rx meds but
rather (used) to complement and enhance the rx meds as well as the body's
natural functions.
Regards, Lisa Carper