Jon,

Somewhere I recall reading about a problem for PD with too much of some
vitamins, but cannot recall.  I believe it was B vitamins because my
mother took my dad off a B complex vitamin they had taken for years.  You
might want to check that in some of the PD literature.

Personally, I got into taking a balanced multivitamin and an extra
antioxidant several years ago since I am approaching 50 and feel like I
cannot eat enough to get all the vitamins I need.  I believe it really
makes a difference for me.  I am a school nurse dealing with all sorts of
sick kids daily, but get sick less often.  My doctor who treated my
strange disorders - autoimmune ones, etc. likes megadoses, but I don't
feel they are necessary.

I did PMS counseling for several years and the B6 fad then resulted in
women with neuropathy from megadoses.  I always cautioned moderation and
balancing with a multivitamin-mineral supplement.  The non-water soluble
vitamins are easy to overdose on.

Try vitamins, but use moderation and you should benefit with no problems
and save money by not wasting the extra.  We excrete excess water soluble
ones in urine and flush them away!

Gail Post
Honolulu