My husband Bob, 55, had a pallidotomy in Stockholm two years ago, December.
He experienced many predictable benefits including reduced tremor, less
rigidity, better movement and balance, improved coordination and better
writing. He can play a trumpet again (he's at a rehearsal right now for a
symphonic band performance).
He went to Sweden with bad back pain, which he'd experienced for months at a
time, over several years. Low and behold, when he recovered from pallidotomy,
his back was much improved, too. He can do yard work again, (much to his
chagrin!) and be a lot more physical.
He also said "goodbye" to a lifetime of sinus problems for which he used to
medicate daily. Now, he takes nothing for his nose. Was all this a miracle,
or is his improved back and sinus condition a phenonenon that other's have
noticed? (Don't tell me that they slipped a little Mexican Yam stuff into his
brain. I don't buy that... for $98,000!)
Please advise.
Kathy