Patrick J. Martin wrote:
> I am on a 2 hour spacing for my LDopa and have been playing with my >diet

Dear Patrick,
As a registered dietitian, I couldn't resist running your recipe through
my own nutrition analysis software. I'm not easily impressed, however, I
must say, I am impressed!

I get:  650 kcal,  114 g carbohydrates -- a tad more carbs than your
program lists, otherwise the same nutrient profile. And, I might add,
184 mg magnesium, another mineral we sometimes neglect, and which could
contribute to some of the leg cramping for some people. Also lots of B
vitamins and vitamin A. I'm especially glad to see plenty of zinc and
calcium. If your dried milk solids are fortified with vitamin D, that
will assist the absorption of the calcium.

I'm also very glad to note you don't seem to have problems with
interference from dairy products. I believe this occurs with a number of
PWP, and has dietitians pulling their hair out!

I'd be most interested to hear from others who experiment with this
drink mix, as I am actively seeking recipes with adequate protein and
that work with Sinemet. If anyone has difficulty with the protein, you
could easily experiment with using less dried milk and increasing the
dates. This will raise the carb:protein ratio, possibly increasing the
benefits from Sinemet.

My personal congratulations, Patrick, on researching such a workable and
nutrient-dense drink mix!

Best regards,
Kathrynne

--