   DEAR JANE,
      I would guess by now you have tried the more rational approaches like
talking frankly with both your parents and you have arranged for them to
visit the retirement home. Lunch with a few of the other members can break
down a lot of resistance.My background is in clinical social work and I've
had the chance to try out a few family interventions.One of my favorites
was  to arrange for a "family confrontation" which requires as many family
members as can be there.  They may reassure your parents that they surely
love them but they have some concerns which they wish to share with them.
Then each family member shares what are their specific concerns.  People
kind of go around the room and say their piece; nothing longwinded. Having
young children participate can be very powerful, A seven year girl saying
"but gramy I get scared when I see you driving the car" can be very
motivational.
       Others can attend if it will not overwhelm your parents; friends'
long time MD etc. The point is to reassure them of your love and to let
them hear the family's collective thoughts Obviously it is not necessary to
have a professional present.
     I would be happy to e-mail with you if this idea is of some small
interest to you.
       My Very Best

[log in to unmask]                         From the Great
Commonwealth of Massachusetts.