At 09:50 AM 11/16/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello,
>My name is Udi and I have a question on behalf of my father.
>My father has had a unilateral pallidotomy, a month ago, by Dr.Laitinen from
>Sweden.
>He would like to know:
>1.How long after the procedure are there improvements?
>2.How long do the improvements (any of them) last after the operation.
>
>Before the operation, and a few days afterwards, he has noticed great
>improvements. However, his state has somewhat deteriorated since then and
>he greatly fears that the improvements he had witnessed will disappear in a
>short
>period of time. For these reasons he would like to hear from people who have
>had pallidotomy, or know
>the answers to these questions.
>
>Thanks a lot,
>Udi Ron
>RADNET Ltd
>8 Hanechoshet St.
>69710 Tel-Aviv
>
>Tel: +972-3-6459570
>Fax: +972-3-6480582
>E-Mail: [log in to unmask]

Dear UDI, I hada bilateral pallidotomy in august of '95. I had terrible
dyskinesia prior to the procedure. I have had very little since. I had
stifness and most of the other parkie symptoms. Nearly all the improvements
that I expierenced have held. From my limited observatio, there does not
seem to be any rule that is true for evry one. It just seems to work better
for some than others. I don't know why that is true. But just like everyone
is different, these procedures seen to work differently with differently. I
know that is not what you wanted to hear. I can say I experienced some
improvement for about six months anfter the procedure.
You can email me privately if you want more details.
Yours and His
David L. Moreland