I just returned from our monthly young onset group with a bit of distressing
info. One of our members had just received his prescription refills from a
mail order firm that he always uses, and attached to his Eldepryl was what
he described as a 3' printout of drug precautions printed by Somerset. There
were two paragraphs of very serious warnings about possible interactions
between Eldepryl and both the seretonin reuptake anti-depressants, and the
tri-cyclides (sp??), and specifically Prozac. Possible reactions included
the following:

                *Serious and sometimes fatal reactions affecting autonomic
function
                *Rapid fluctuation of vital signs
                *Extreme agitation leading to delirium and possibly coma
                *Hyperthermia
                *Rigidity

These are only the highlights that I was able to scribble down as he read me
the list over the phone after the meeting....this is the first I have heard
of such potentially harmful consequences from these drug interactions. He
said he has ordered from this company for months and never received such a
warning, and confirms that this list was issued by Somerset, not the pharmacy.

Anyone else getting this info?

Kathie Tollifson