From:   PARKINSN: Parkinson's Disease - Information Exchange Network on behalf
of George Lussier
Sent:   Sunday, November 17, 1996 9:57 AM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Curses!! Foiled Again!!  AND a serious computer question.

     DEAR reader, Gosh this is hard baring [Or is it bearing?  Or
overbaring?] my failure to all of you. I finally got up the nerve in my
posting to Jack,who lives in New Haven, Connecticut,to create my first face
using the keyboard. But no, the Automatic digest processor messes it up by
misaligning my type but I'll try again. HERE GOES..........

                            ^     ^
                            *     .
                               @

                   (           O       )

Oviously the swelling from the mumps is more pronounced on his right side
today.

 And now my computer and you can well believe me when I say I tried many
many resources. Either the response is much too technical or I'm not asking
the right people. THE problem is that I get far to meny "we can't bring up
your file or program because the APPLICIATION for it can not be
found".Problem #2 is that I'm having troubles bringing on mew programs for
the above noted problem. According to my Norton Utilities 3.1 Disk Repair
REeport I have a "damaged resource fork" in my Apple Modem Tool Preference
File.
   My Snopper 2.0 test kit tells me that During the logic tests my modem
port and my printer port both rated as "BAD" which I think may be true
because at the conclusion of the logic test the printer passed on the news
to me that I had a "datacomm Error- Please check baudrate"

AND lastly my MacTCP Watcher 112-on the ICMP test the UDP,DNS  and the TCP
passed  but the PING test "lost 100%" of the 10 Packages it sent out.
         HUH? What is it coming to when I have more testing programs than
any other grouping? But I"m hoping that this all make sense to someone{S}
of you. THANKS for even thinking about it !
      My Very Best
     george [[log in to unmask]]

  Fron the MUCH LOVED COMMONWEALTH of MASSACHUSETTS