  Dear Mark,
      I'm likely on shakey ground talking to you this way. I nean I don't
have a wife and kids so I don't have your responsability.Lord only knows
that I have enough trouble taking care of myself. But Ithink some where
down the road when your rage and profound sadness ease off a bit you may
wish to try out some positive thinking. Now my saying that might tick you
off and that's OK but when you mentioned your kids and all you won't be
able to do with them because of your physical limits it got me to thinking
       It must be a wonderful feeling to have a wife and kids.

       Your kids are going to love you no matter how you physically appear.

       Kids have a way of wanting to know the inner man not the shell in
which we come.

       I know that it will be frustrating not to be able to toss a ball or
to teach your kids how to
             dance but if you can teach them to love, how to develope their
values, how to get along
             with others...I'm sure you get my drift.

      I've worked as a clinical social worker for a number of years and
I've meet a few hundred  kids
             who would have given anything to have a father who could
listen to them, protect them,and
             make them laugh. A father who could express his feelings
without shame and,mind you, most
             of these kids I knew were from intact families. They had
fathers but they didn't.
      SO, Mark, if I were in your shoes I would start thinking about the
things I could do with my
             kids and not what I can't do. Besides who knows there may well
be some really good
             therapy or even a cure just around the next turn in the road.
      And these are my thoughts

        george[[log in to unmask]]
               Comm. of Mass.