    Dear Lynne,
   I feel like I just walked into the middle of a movie where nothing makes
any sense. I sure that others have responded to your posting so what I have
to say may well be a repeat but.....I don't understand why your
father-in-law deteriorated so rapidly after being diagnosed just 3 years
ago. Was he a hermit or previously or currently misdiagnosed? Sinemet
should hold up for a few years. IS someone supervising his medication OR
does he take it on his own? If a drug proves to be the culprid I would put
my money on the Parlodel [Generic is Bromocriptine] Without a doubt the
most gastly of the many drugs I've tried.

   Second thought....WHERE the hell does your FIL's neurologist get off
giving your MIL such ugly options.Would "she prefer him confused or able to
get to the bathroom? That's not a question ,it's an insult. It makes me
angry that a physician would talk down to two very confused people. Where
is your husband in all of this? Is he angry?are you?

    Third thought. What to do? If you haven't down so already I would
arrange for your FIL to see a Very good Internist. I would start at the
bottom and that would include a few days in the hospital where he would
have the diagnostic tools at hand

    Then having the results of that evaluation in hand I would fire his
neurologist unless I lived in a very neurologist poor area in which case I
would speak to the current neuro and let him know that the family expects
to be treated with respect.

    I don't know where you folks live but if I could I would arrange for
some relief for your MIL, a home companion who might come in for a couple
of hours every few days so yourMIL might take off for a bit of R and R

I hope the above is helpful to you all. Let us know.

         My very best,

             george[[log in to unmask]]
                      COMM. of MASS